Last week, I had to cross the water to Seattle for yet another fingerprinting session with Immigration and Naturalization Services. Lionheart came along for the ferry ride across the Puget Sound and hung around downtown Seattle while I took the Metro bus to Tukwila International Blvd.Ferries are a fact of daily life in these watery parts but for Lionheart it was something of a novelty. I am fascinated by his fascination.
We started off having some 10 minutes of time in hand for the ferry. Then Town and Country Markets coffee shop took so long chatting with customers in that leisurely Bainbridge island disposable time way, that we had to run for the ferry in the end. That was after we parked the truck in the cheaper (ie further from the dock) pay parking lot behind the thrift store where bees inhabit the money box and L/heart was fascinated by the mechanics of the process.
It was a typical Seattle kind of day: cold, damp and gray. I waited 5 hours in a room full of world citizens for a few minutes of digital fingerprinting. And my letter for interview will be in the mail. They say.My new Ethiopian and Somalian friends met in the immigration waiting room, have promised that we will be sharing injera soon. I look forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment