I had some work to do in Colville today and was finished mid afternoon, leaving enough daylight hours for a little exploring. I decided to return to Chewelah, which is 22 miles south of Colville, by heading north on HWY 395, west a little on HWY 20, to take the bridge across Lake Roosevelt at Kettle Falls.Then I turned south on the Inchelium Highway to drive all the way down the west side of Lake Roosevelt, eventually crossing east side again with the Gifford-Inchelium ferry, operated by Colville Confederated Tribes for the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Besides just being fascinated by large bodies of water, I am still exploring sites for kayak put in. French Rock boat launch looks like a distinct possibility.Of course this evening, when I don't have my kayak and am all dressed up for meeting the colleagues, the lake is like glass and oh so reflective and inviting.
Somehow the mysterious mirrored emptiness, the surreal stillness is perfect for my mood however.
No comments:
Post a Comment